Shade House - 6' x 8'
1830mm x 2440mm - 50% Green Shade House
SKU code: 13001SHADEHOUSE6X8
Shade house - The ultimate solution
With a quality shade house in place, regardless it is small or large, there are so many benefits associated with it (See below). It is a valuable asset to have when it comes to growing plants and protecting them properly.
What is a shade house?
A shade house is a structure which usually consists of a metal frame that supports shade cloth - a type of screen that provides some passive environmental control e.g. shading the plants from excessive sunlight and wind.
Which plants need to be grown in a shade house?
Research has proven that optimal shading conditions effect significantly the growth aspect for many species of plants.
Shade houses are ideal for growing:
- Fruits and vegetables: eg. tomatoes
- Tree seedlings
- Hydroponic produce
- Shade loving (cut) flowers: ferns, azaleas and orchids
- Rainforest plants: gingers, monstera, philodendrons and cunjevois
- Frost/Heat sensitive plants: fuchsias, impatiens and begonias
- Other nursery plants that need to harden off
Why use a shade house?
A shade house is important in plant production for gaining maximum growth, allowing plants time to acclimatize to outdoor conditions and "harden off". There are a number of benefits in using a shade house:
- Protect plants from wind, hail and pests
- Protect plants from extreme hot weather
- Protect plants which are cold or frost sensitive over winter
- Propagate new plants
- Grow tropical plants in cooler climates
- Increase yields and quality. The result of a healthier root system
- Improve space: Using multi-tier/layer shelves in a shade house
- Grow vegetables, cut flowers or berry fruits out of season, faster than might be achieved outside.
Save in costs
- Considerable savings in operation costs (energy, irrigation, spraying, misting etc.)
- Labor cost: Better work environment increases work efficiency
- Plant disease suppression
Why use C-Mac Shade House?
- Australian manufactured over the last 50 years (proven performance).
- Strong and sturdy construction.
- No sharp edges or protrusions to damage valuable shade covers.
- Frame is spaced off ground for extended life.
- Made from heavy duty galvanized steel tubular frames (galvanized internally and externally).
Supplied in D.I.Y. kit form
- Precision made patented joints which simply socket together.
- Easy to assemble with 3D instructions – no bolts or clamps.
- Large range of Bench Kits available for shade house benching - using the same materials and construction methods.
- Component sizes are designed to fit on 2400 x 1200 standard pallet to save on transport costs for deliveries throughout Australia
- Heavy duty galvanized steel tubular frames - 25.4mm diameter x 1.6mm (Galvanized internally and externally)
- Galvanised steel tube has a long life – not ultra violet light affected like plastics
- Galvanised steel tube is impervious to white ant attack
- 50% Green Shade Cloth
- Extra strong knitted shade cloth
- U.V. stabilised horticultural shade cloth fabric
- Top quality knitted shade cloth covers with individual removable panels
- Shade cloth covers simply tie to frame using plastic cable ties through eyelets providing a smooth, tear free, clean finish.
- Shade cloth coverings are of a very high quality – extra heavy duty fabric
- Eyelets are used to attach shade cloth to structure using cable ties
- Eyelets have triple reinforced stitched folds for extra strength
- Standard lockable hinged door located centrally on end wall
- High door openings: 2.1 metre
- Easy access: Quality doors swing in or out
|Unit Of Measure||ea|
More From This Category